Friday, August 5, 2011

My Hometown Edmonton




I consider Edmonton my hometown although I was born in Toronto, ON and raised in the Peace River country of northeastern British Columbia. My first child, who was adopted and raised by another family, was born in Calgary in 1963.  I lived in Calgary, Alberta and Oklahoma City, USA as a new bride with my Canadian husband in the mid-1960s. He died in 1971. An 8-year marriage, rocky and wonderful. Moving back to Edmonton from Oklahoma, we lived here for most of our brief marriage. Our two children were born in this city at the University of Alberta Hospitals. Both my husband and I attended the University of Alberta at different times in our lives, he before I met him and myself after his death. I presently live in the Oliver district of west downtown Edmonton. I took these photographs at dusk on a lovely spring Saturday evening this year, near my home.


Historic Jasper House highrise, Oliver district

High wires above sidewalk by Jasper House

West end of Victoria Boulevard

Victoria Boulevard at dusk looking east

No comments:

Post a Comment